viernes, 10 de octubre de 2008

STORY BY Santiago Carrère

There he was, standing alone in the middle of the Madison Square Garden. his eyes seemed to be looking the basketball game but suddenly I realized that he wasn't. He was looking at a lost point in the basketball field. It was there when I asked my self Why is he doing that, at first I thought that the cause of this "lost looking" could be the big break up that he had with his girlfriend sometime ago, But I knew that it couldn't be that. So I kept thinking why he seemed to be watching the game in that strange way. nothing came to my mind so I asked him what happened.
He told me that in two days he was going to leave the country because he had met a beautiful girl through internet who live in Isla Navidad (its a real place).
he took the decision to leave because he belive he could find a better life there that the one that was keeping him here.
I can tell you that in that moment I felt need of giving him a piece of advise, so I told him not to leave the country, because it wasn't just a country, it wasn't only a piece of field; it was a family, it was a group of friends, it was a home for all of us. But he didn't want to hear my words, he was decided to leave. So my last words were "in Isla Navidad we will be with you in the same way"

2 comentarios:

Leonardo Castelluccio dijo...

I wonder if you ever thought of leaving, too. Nice story, keep at it! Suggestion: Why don't you take this story as a starting point? You could ask your classmates to help you edit the story, to give you ideas on how to make the story even catchier. Think about it.

Iin dijo...

I like this one...