lunes, 4 de agosto de 2008

Success by Vanessa Díaz

Many people believe that if you do not know exactly what would you like to do for a living, if you do not plan your future or if you are all your life without an especific goal you will not succeed in any aspect of your life. But I do not agree with this because I think in life we have many options, like a way with many streets to follow, where we will find many obstacles to overcome and maybe we notice that our decision of taking that way was wrong so if we can, we will go back to where we were before and start again from there.

I have this point of view because I know many people that maybe do not know what exactly he or she wants to do with his or her life in a future, which way follow or which is the best choice, but this was not an obstacle to succeed in life. What it is very important to have present it is that everybody wants to live in the top of the mountain but all the happiness happens while we are climbing it. This means that we have to enjoy all our life and we do not have to be only worried about our goals, maybe we can make them or maybe not, but we have to be proud of the life that we have lived.

In my case, talking about academic experiences, I am trying to decide what I really want to do in the future. For me this is a difficult decision becuase anything really excites me, and I am very indecisive so until now I am not completely sure about the career I have choosed. Many years of my life I thought I was going to study economics in order to be an accountant because I like the idea of doing the job that they have to do. An other reason of choosing it was because I did not like anything else so it was my only option, but economics requires a lot of reading and capacity of summing up. These things were the ones that I never have affinity with, so last year I decided to enter in engineering university because all my life I like mathematics and I prefer thinking and reasonig than reading and memorizing. Despite of the fact, many times I question myself if this was the best option, what would have happened if I had been an accountant or if being an engineer is what I want to be in the future or if the effort that requires this career will worth it.

To sum up, we will never be sure if our decisions about our future are the correct ones but we have to try to succes and have in mind that we can go back and started again. It is only in ourselves to succes in life and try to achieve our goals or have the ability of changing them if we realise we should change them.

1 comentario:

THI and PRE PROF dijo...

You are right :) Everything is up to us. Taking risks, making decisions and starting all over if necessary.
But, believe me, I know you'll succeed and your future will be brilliant :)

Analía