viernes, 22 de agosto de 2008

Life´s challenges...

Thinking about the most significant challenges that i`ve gone through, the first thing that comes to my mind, is the first international English examination; It was the first diploma that i recived. That was a real challenge, requiring a lot of patience and dedication in order to prepare it.
I didn´t have problems by solving the exercises, but i used to spend almost the double of the prestablished time to finish a whole first exame simulation.
So i tried over and over again untill i finally could do it.
When i was able to take the exam I did it, and after a few months I recived my diploma; it felt great because i´m the kind of person that never finishes the things that I start.

Another thing that I felt as a challenge, without any doubts, was entering on my first job (Radisson Hotel), which actually it`s still my job, but now it´s very different from the begining... let me tell you about the begining...
Ideas like stopping going out every weekend (and sometimes week days too), being on time, wearing a unifom every day in perfect conditions (i mean perfectly clean and ironed) meeting new people, most of them very nice but not all of them, knowing that i was going to spend 8 hours of my day there with them, even if i didn´t want to, dealing with a cashier with 500 dollars and 10.000 pesos, learning how to use "Opera" the hotel program that isn´t easy at all...it was really too much for me...but what can I say... after one year and almost nine months that i´ve been working there I tell you now that if you try hard nothing is impossible, even if it looks like too much at the begining.

I know that people who know me will laugh about this one. Another challenge that I`ve being through was hiding an exame from my parents, ha ha!
I didn´t tell my parents that I failed that subject during the year because it was a hard year for them and I didn´t want to contribute with bad news.
As I told you before, I didn´t tell them that I failed physics and consequently, I didn´t tell them that i was going to take an examination on February
either; It turned to be a really difficult situation, beacuse on that time i was not working, so i didn´t have the money to afford a privet teacher and on the other hand, without a very good professor, with a lot of patience to teach me how to resolve the exercises, i didn´t have any chance to pass the exam.
The funny part... I started to prepare it on December (as soon as i knew that i had failed the subject), that was two months before the examination (that was on Febuary); So i didn´t go out (dancing or anywhere) during those two months to save money, every weekend i asked my parents for money to go out, just like always but instead of going out, i stayed on a friend`s house sleeping to in order to earn enough money to pay Nicolas (the prefessor), poor me!
Everything ended up ok, I passed the examination, I did pay to Nicolas and my parents didn´t find out the truth, not until I told them, but not after a lot of time.
Now i still think that i made a huge mistake when i decided not to tell them about the real situation, but it was because i didn´t want to disapoint them, and i think that grown up people sometimes doesn´t know the pressure that a teenager could have.

Finally THE END...i hope you like what you have just read, and if you don´t you can tell me too, I swear that i will not cry, feel free to tell me the true...
I´ll stop writing because i don´t know for how much time I´ve been writing, but I think that it´s a little bit more than 20 minutes...so let´s follow the rules...ha ha ha! funny me...

See you next time...
Dahiana.

4 comentarios:

THI and PRE PROF dijo...

Great post Dahiana! Analía

juana dijo...

Dahiana:
Your parents must be proud of you. well, perhaps your choice was not the best you could have made, but it was a good one.
Good writing,
juana

Mariana Porta dijo...

Dahiana, my gosh!! It was so moving to me to read this! Maybe because I have a ten year old daughter who is beginning to feel like a teenager, maybe because I have seen you grow throughout these years! Maybe and most probably because it is so well written!!

María Noel dijo...

I read all of the stories and I like this one the most, because you wrote about your own experience and feelings with humor and honesty. I really enjoyed it.
Congrats and keep on going!